Why use Nintex to build workflow instead of SharePoint designer
Customers has been asking why using Nintex to build SharePoint workflow instead of SharePoint designer, here are reasons:
- Latest version of SharePoint Designer is 2013, and it won’t update even if SharePoint 2019 comes out.
- Nintex workflow designer is web based so you don’t need install anything before you create your workflow
- Nintex workflow designer is easier for people to oversee the workflow because of better UI representation. See below screens. Left hand side Nintex is much more easier to read out the logic than right hand side SharePoint designer.
- Nintex has more connector to connect your workflow to external system
- End users can edit the workflow easily, for example changing the approval email content, add approver, view the workflow log, etc …